Christ’s Church Cathedral in Hamilton, Ontario, in the Anglican Diocese of Niagara, invites applications for the position of Director of Music Ministries at 20 hours/week. The Director of Music Ministries is a key member in the Cathedral’s ministry team, collaborating with the Dean, other clergy, and lay leaders to support the church’s work in the Diocese and in the City of Hamilton.
The Director’s work is both artistic and relational, cultivating musical excellence and partnering to build trusting relationships. The work includes:
- Providing high-quality musical support for worship, including playing our Casavant Frères organ (3 manuals, 64 ranks).
- Supporting the congregation’s musical expression by leading and teaching sacred music from a variety of genres and liturgical traditions.
- Conducting the choir and supporting their musical development. The adult SATB choir includes four paid section leads and 10-12 skilled volunteers.
- Facilitating the choir’s role in the community of faith.
- Creatively integrating music-making into the Cathedral’s various ministries, including the work of reconciliation with our Indigenous siblings.
Please click here to view the full position description.
The Cathedral is located in the heart of downtown Hamilton, steps from the GO Transit West Harbour station. The building’s doors are often open to the diverse Jamesville neighbourhood: some arrive at our doors from nearby shelters, while others drop in en route between the microbrewery and the street’s many art galleries.
Interested applicants may view recordings of previous services at Christ’s Church Cathedral YouTube Channel and consult the Position Description which is available on Christ’s Church Cathedral’s Website.